Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Naughty New Years Neighbor

I've written about "Staying in Control" in a previous post.  Maybe I should revisit this concept of being in control. I have said that I am a free spirit with conflicting boundries.  I may have crossed another.

So I had Angel for New Years Eve.  I didn't have any plans per say except to spend time with Angel and maybe some family.  I was approached by my Sister Aunt Miley.  She said if you aren't going out then we need to have a part at your house.  I have been against this for awhile because my younger brother Uncle Lobo had thrown many parties at my house when I was away for work.  These parties would get out of hand so much that my Neighbor had called the cops on more than one occasion.  OK so bad Uncle Lobo and yes shame on me because I was the one who started this when I first got divorced.  I threw a party and ever since then Uncle Lobo has thought that this was OK to do.  So I try and "Stay in Control" and have declined to have those kind of parties since the neighbor has called the cops. 

Here I go to Justify throwing a party.  This case was different it was on New Years and we would have mostly family and a few friends.  The age of the kids ranged from 2 to 12 years old.  The friends would be limited to people we've know for awhile.  All family was welcomed to stay and friends would leave at a reasonable time.  Also whatever family stayed over night would help clean.

The reality is that when you have family that likes to have a good time and friends who like to have an even better time things can get out of control.  I had kids running around grown people playing party games and all I could think about was my neighbor.  Things got worse when I busted out the small fireworks.  In my city it is illegal to have even the smaller ones but I thought hey its only ones that stay on the ground.  That didn't last long.  Once we finished the small fireworks one of my friends decided to go buy more.  Little did I know that he went to buy an arsenal of fireworks that could lite up my entire neighborhood!!!!  When he shot of the first one I thought someone is firing a gun in the front yard.  I ran out the front door to see all the kids smiling from ear to ear. 

I thought oh well maybe the neighbors didn't hear that but after the second one I knew I was the bad neighbor on the block.  At this point I didn't care I think I have established that role anyways.  We didn't do any more fireworks because even my crazy friend knew that the cops might be called for this stunt we were doing. 

After all said in done no one got in trouble and no one was hurt.  I did have to wake up early so that I could clean up the mess in front of my house.  So Officially I think I am the Naughty Neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment