Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Santa Sweating

So the holiday season has come and gone.  For the most part I enjoyed this Christmas and my New Years get together with some friends and family which was a bit rowdy.  :)

The days leading up to Christmas Santa (myself) was "Sweating" what he was giving Angel.  I mentioned in an earlier post about how I was determining what Santa was bringing, but as Christmas got closer Santa started second guessing what he was bringing.  Santa got all the normal stuff like arts and crafts, dolls, and various toys.   Santa contemplated on getting Angel another I pod Touch.  She received one for her birthday in July and had broken it within a month.  This was my fault because I had let her connect the charger that was eventually smashed by her gentle touch.  lol  Of course I thought she deserved another one.  I could of easily traded the old one for a new one at the cost of $100.  I kept saying go get it, then my conscious said why she is only going to break it again.  The days got closer to Christmas and I was still fighting myself to get the I pod, who is the best babysitter I've ever had.  AS the day neared closer Santa Sweated the I pod. 

Inevitably Christmas was upon Angel.  Christmas eve Angel and I talked about what was going to happen that night and Christmas morning.  I asked her if she was on the naughty list or the nice list.  She really had to think about it like if she knew she had done some bad things this year.  Finally she said "I am on the nice list"  I told her then he will come tonight when you fall asleep.  She told me "I'm not sleeping Daddy I want to see Santa"  I thought man I hope Santa's presents meet and exceed her expectations.  Angel said Daddy we need to leave Santa some cookies because he gets hungry.  I thought man she really wants to be on Santa's good side, but what if she's disappointed by his presents then she might never want Santa to come again.  She woke up and said Santa came Daddy!  He even left some crumbs on the plate.  hehe  She then proceeded to the presents.  She opened one by one with her excitement growing with each time she ripped one open.  Finally she said "Santa really must think I did good Daddy"  I was so happy because even though there was no I Pod she felt gratitude for her presents.

 All that Sweating was unnecessary for Santa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment